Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The List: #1 Jean Shorts


Jean Shorts. Oh how I hate jean shorts. There's just something about them that I just don't like. I've been guilty of wearing jean shorts several times in my life, most of them occurred before I reached double digits in age, but nevertheless, I'm at fault. Although, I did refrain from wearing the purple jean shorts I received as a gift, circa 1990.
Jean shorts just don't work well with most people. There are a few exceptions: gangstas who operate in warm climates, babies/children who are dressed by their parent/guardian, and people who like wearing jean shorts and could physically harm me. Aside from those exceptions, jean shorts are generally unacceptable. However, there is a one saving grace that involve jean shorts and that's cut-off jean shorts. I give a lot of credit to those who have a pair of cut-off jean shorts. I guess there's something nostalgic about cut-off jean shorts. I imagine getting a pair of regular jeans and wearing them during the cold months and when the warm months arrive, a pair of scissors does the trick, instant warm weather gear. Then again, the imagine I have was probably more commonplace back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's.
I hate jean shorts, and if those jean shorts have cargo pockets I might have seizure.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha, nice. i agree, also on my shit list. i'm thinking of turning some old jeans into cutoffs ;)

    ReplyDelete